Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Countdown...

Having had an AWFUL nights sleep on Sunday night, I decided getting in a few snoozes were better than getting up to run.  Then when it was 90+ degrees that afternoon, I decided my trusty dvd would be my workout. 

I had purchased Barry's bootcamp a couple months ago when I saw it on sale... you read that right, Barry's Bootcamp.  I am pretty sure its the off-brand bootcamp, if you can have such a thing.  The workout was fab, but seriously, the guy gives me the creeps.  He is pretty effeminate, has a weird speech thing going and he personally does not lead the workout, but instead harasses the beautiful woman leading the workout along with the women following along.  Its very strange. 

Anyway, the premise of the 21 minute workout is to do 16 exercises at full intensity for  seconds.  At 10 seconds left you hear a buzzer and everyone starts counting down, 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.  This is probably the first and only time I will listen to the video (thank goodness for a mute button), but I have to admit, the concept is pretty motivating. 

I do hope to get a run in tomorrow and this weekend, but I also want to try some of the other videos now that I know it was easy enough to do while pregnant.


No comments:

Post a Comment