Wednesday, June 22, 2011

29 is the magic number

Sweet!  I picked the right age to have a baby... 29.  At least according to a poll I found referenced in this post.   The funny thing is... I agree with the writer.  I too thought I would meet my love in college, get married young and have babies young.  Of course this original timeline was also based on the perceptions of a teenager and thinking that 25 was pretty dang old!  Shew!

Instead I graduated, got a real job, bought a house on my own (another dream I'd had-- buying a first house with a spouse) and then met my hubby.  And after all of that... we still weren't ready for kids!  So here we are about to celebrate our 5th anniversary and we'll have an almost 1 year old!  But I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I didn't feel ready before.  And I think my age (now 30) will naturally keep me from having 10 kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment