Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I-man is 12 weeks old today on 12-12-12

In the spirit of 12-12-12, I had to post my little man turning a whopping 12 weeks old.  Ah.  I shall refrain from the time-is-flying paragraphs I wish to write.  ; )

 
Trying to capture his beautiful blues...

 
 
Mommy Stats:
 
Running 2-3 times a week and trying to do a Jillian video in there too.  Pace is back to just junder 10minute miles when I run 3 miles.  Planning an April half marathon again.
 
Eating/Craving WAAAAY too much sugar.  Seriously, this happened when I was nursing last time and I don't know how to make it stop!  Pointers are welcome!
 
Due to above... I haven't lost a pound more since my last visit to the OB.  Easily 5lbs from pre-prego weight but not sure the exact amount.
 
Love being a mommy of two and it has been soooo much smoother with baby 2 and having 2 than I thought it would be.  Doing the Baby Wise plan the 2nd time around has felt easy and sleep makes all things feel better!  Undecided on if we'll plan/try for baby 3... (the dot. dot. dot. allows for un-planned baby 3 if the Lord changed our "plans" either way!)
 
 
 
 
I-man Stats at 12 weeks old:
 
Almost 14lbs
 
Eat. Wake. Sleep. on a 3-1/2 hour schedule except in the evening when he eats every 2 hours from about 5-9 to help make the long night stretch of sleep.  Slept from 9:30pm until I woke him up at 7am for the past 2 nights!  (Yay for longer and longer night stretches!) 
 
Smiling more and laughing with a "squeak-toy" kind of laugh.
 
Loves to kick his feet and paw at dangling toys.  Bonus points if he can bat at them and kick another one at the same time!
 
Starting to smile at his big brother.  (Up until then he seemed to merely tolerate his loud voice and too-close presence.)
 
 
Big Brother at 27 months old:
 
LOOOVES his baby brother.  Makes sure he knows where he is at all times.  SEriously, it shocks me how not-jealous he is when I am doting on the littlest man... he wants to dote on him too.
 
Very inquisitive (still) and thinks through things more than just surface views or answers.  Example-- A few days after a visit to the zoo, totally unprovoked, he brought up the gorilla we had seen there.  This gorilla would puke- eat it- repeat... he says... "Mommy, that gorilla did not have a sink back there to wash his hands.  Thats yucky yucky!" Ha ha!  "Why Yes, son, that is gross he didn't wash his hands after that!" 
 

When trying to take the weekly photos, this is usually how they turn out...

 
 
We are really looking forward to Christmas this year.  It's fun having a little guy who knows whats going on.  We went to get a real Christmas tree at a tree farm this year and the 2 year old has not stopped talking about it since then!  We got the baby out long enough to take this photo and let him know he was there when we look back on Christmas 2012.  
 
Enough Random for my post?  I think yes.  Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment