Monday, February 20, 2012

Nolin and Dog Days

Wow my posts can ebb and flow!!

I'm here still.

The fam went on a little getaway to the fine area around Nolin Lake in Kentucky.  Locals will best know this area for Mammoth Cave.  It was a COLD weekend but really, really beautiful weather!

Exhibit A:


Pretty, Huh?? 

Our little guy had the pleasure of napping and night-ing in the Master bedroom with the fan on... that's what happens when you are away for a weekend with your crazy cousins and grandparents and aunt and uncles... you get the bathroom. 

I also had one of the most interesting runs I've ever had and I know this is about to not do it justice.  So our cabin on Nolin Lake was pretty well in the middle of no-where.  We didn't really think about that when we had 6 miles on the calendar for the weekend's run.  My stepdad and brother-in-law decided to run.  We headed out knowing it would be pretty hilly (an understatement) and some back and forth to avoid narrow roads with fast cars. 

About a mile into our run (all up hill, of course)... we reach a house with a pack of dogs who decided to run out and meet us.  I love dogs but I'm not sure if these country dogs are used to runners and are friendly.  Well they sniffed and barked a bit and then one of the black labs decided he wanted to run with us.  So he stayed with us and would scope out squirrels and creeks along the way or bark at other dogs as we ran.  I think I counted 2 dogs actually tied up in any way-- the other dozens of dogs and cats were loose.  I take it as good luck that we had out guard dog with us the whole way.  : ) 

Anyway, about mile 4, we added a beagle dog to the pack.  We must have looked hilarious to people passing by-- running with our 2 diverse dogs and RUNNING in an area that I'm pretty sure doesn't see runners.  It was fun!  It really passed the time and hills!

Hope everyone is doing well and having fun runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment