Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pregnant Run vs Postpartum Run

Hands down, running 9 months pregnant is easier for me than running postpartum. I know some ladies sleep worse pregnant than with a newborn or just feel too uncomfortable everywhere but I feel better and have easier access to running when pregnant. 

I ran 2 miles on Thursday and 2 miles today (Sunday).  Whew.  It was S.L.O.W. and took a good hour of mental prep before I could even bring myself to change into running clothes. 

First, there is finding a window of oppotunity.  (ie. Baby asleep, toddler occupied, a sitter to watch said baby & toddler)

Then there is the motivation to run over taking a nap.  A window of opportunity usually means choosing between the two!

Finally, there is the whole physical side.  My postpartum body (okay-- really just my postpartum chest) is SORE all. the. time.  I am not talking just my nips.  Nursing does a number on me and baby 2 is no exception.  My entire chest is sore and putting it into a running bra is painful!

BUT... I think my being tired is not just about having a newborn and being up a couple times to nurse in the night... its also about a sudden drop off of physical activity so I have to get out there!

So there you have it.  Pregnant Run vs Post-Partum Run -- I'd say the 9 month pregnant run is easier for me!

Baby boy is 3 weeks old.  Big brother wants nothing to do with me if baby brother is around... he just wants to hold him and "play" with him.   This is a horrible picture but its what life looks like when I allow the toddler to have his way...

No comments:

Post a Comment