Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thanks

I would like to give a quick shout out to the book-- Exercising Through Your Pregnancy for the encouragement to run through my pregnancy and the science and data behind it being safe-- I made it all 41 weeks!  I would also like to thank Nikki with the blog Slow is the New Fast.  It was the first blog I found of someone running during pregnancy.  Though it was archived posts, it was an inspiration to read your story and see you running after all you went through-- so thanks!  That blog helped me connect to lots of other running mamas! 

Running helped me ward off lots of icky-ness during pregnancy and I think helped me keep my weight in check.  I gained a total of 26lbs and was back in my normal clothes when I got home (though my belly doesn't quite have its original firmness, I am back to my usual size!)  I credit running to that.

So, I hope this encourages others-- if I can do it, you can too!  And lots of ladies have done it even before me, so you can feel safe running!

And now I leave you with a couple photos of my new little man-- no one could have really told me how hard these first couple weeks would be, but I also can't explain how in love I am with my son and how blessed I feel to see my husband embrace his new role as a great dad!


These are of little man at 1 week-- he'll be 2 weeks old tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment